Get Updated!

Monday 20 June 2016

EFCC BLOCKS GOV. FAYOSE'S ACCOUNT.

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has confirmed that
they've blocked the Zenith bank accounts of Ekiti state
governor-Fayose Ayodele.
The Governor in a press released also said, that the accounts of a
few of his colleagues were also affected, and pointed accusing fingers
at APC's party chiefs. He made referrence to section 308 of the
constitution while insisting that he had as much immunity as the
president had. He added that his enemies should wait till 2018 when he
leaves office at the end of his tenure.
"Section 308 of the 1999 Constitution gives me immunity just like
the President. I wouldn't know
why these people are intolerant of others and in a
haste. Let them wait till 2018 when I will end my
tenure for them to do their investigation. The
other time the EFCC accused me of embezzling
N1.2 billion poultry project fund, I was the one
who voluntarily reported myself to the EFCC.
"It was when I got a hint of their move that I
wrote a cheque to withdraw some money from
the account and I came myself. I was denied
access to the account as I was told the EFCC has
placed restriction on it. That is executive rascality
taken too far. Even when I had case with EFCC
my properties were not affected.
"If they say they are investigating money spent
on election, does it mean it is only Peoples Democratic Party that has
thieves, to them APC has no thieves." He complained angrily.

"A lot of petitions were written against former
Governor Kayode Fayemi and the EFCC has not
asked him a question up till now. The diversion of N850 million fund
meant for Ekiti State Universal Basic Education Board is there and
nobody is asking Fayemi questions.
"Even the President cannot claim to be an angel.
The estate he built in Abuja is known to us. His
wife was indicted over the Halliburton Scandal.
When that American, Jefferson, was being
sentenced, the President's wife was mentioned as
having wired $170,000 to Jefferson. Her name
was on page 25 of the sentencing of Jefferson.
We can serialize the judgment for people to see and read. We will not
allow this and we will defend our rights within the law of the land.
Those who think they can silence me are
mistaken. I am a person who is not perturbed by
things like this. Let them wait till 2018 when I will finish my term
and I will be the one to go and meet them. I won't run away and let
them
investigate the whole world, I have nothing to
hide or fear," he said.

A source at EFCC said that governors were not immune to
investigatio, and that for the investigation to go on governor
Fayose's accounts had to be blocked.
Share:

0 comments:

Search my blog content here...

Drop a message

Name

Email *

Message *

Blog Archive

Blog Archive

Translate